Mohammed Jassem Al-Sager
|Date of Birth :||18 June 1951|
|Social Status :||Married|
|Qualifications :||BA Economics
Whittier College , California , USA (1975)
|1999 – Present :||
Member of Kuwait Parliament,
Assumed the following posts during his membership in the National Assembly :
1999 - Present : Chairman of The Committee on Foreign Affairs
1999 - 2001 : Member of The Committee on Finance & Economic Affairs
1999 - 2001 : Member of The Committee on the Protection of Public Funds
2000 - Present : Elected by majority as Vice President of Inter-Parliamentary Group
2001 - 2003 : Member of The Committee on the Affairs of Education, Culture and Guidance.
2005 - Present : Member of The Committee on Women Affairs .
Note : Acting Speaker during September 2000 – January 2004 – August 2005.
2000 – Present : Member of the Executive Committee of the IPU. (He is the first member of Kuwait parliament representing the Arab group in the IPU. ( elected October 2000 in Jakarta ) .
1992 – Present : Member of the board of trustees of Council on Foreign Relations in New York ( considered one of the largest research centers in the world )
1999 – Present : Member of the board of trustees for “ Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashed Al- Maktoom Prize” for Arab Journalism based in Dubai.
1997 – Present : Founder, Chairman and Managing Director of Al-Mal Investment Company, ( established in 1997 ).
2001 – Present : Member of the board of trustees of the Institute for Palestine Studies.
2001 – Present : Member of the Union of International Parliamentarians defending the Palestinian cause.
2005 - Present : Elected as Speaker of the first Arab Parliament in Egypt on December 27th 2005.
- Presided and participated in many delegations representing Kuwait in Arab and international conferences as chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs and vice president of Kuwait 's IPU national group.
- Organized and participated in a number of seminars and conferences dealing with the political, economic and sporting situation in the region.
Prior experience and positions
1971 : Member of Kuwait Students Union in Beirut .
1975 – 1980 : Worked in Industrial Bank of Kuwait (Became Corporate Finance Manager in 1979) .
1980 – 1997 : Chairman & Managing Director, Coast Investment & Development Co. , KSC ( Established in 1980 )
1985 – 1990 : Chief Editor of Al-Qabas International Newspaper (edition issued in London and Paris )
1983 – 1999 : Chief Editor of Al-Qabas Newspaper (One of the leading newspaper in the Arab World)
Interviews have included presidents, premiers and leaders of many countries:
- President Ronald Reagan ( USA )
- President George Bush ( USA )
- President Bill Clinton ( USA )
- Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher UK )
- President Francois Mitterand ( France )
- President Nicolay Sawshisko ( Romania )
- President Kurt Waldheim ( Austria )
- President Yang Shang Kon ( China )
- President Carlos Menem ( Argentina )
- President Daniel Ortiga ( Panama )
- President Hosni Mubarak ( Egypt )
- King Fahad Ben Abdul Aziz ( Saudi Arabia )
- President Hafez Al Assad ( Syria )
- King Hussein Ben Talal (Jordan)
- King Al Hassan Al-Thani ( Morocco )
- Colonel Muammar Qaddafi ( Libya )
- Prime Minister Al Sadek Al Mahdi ( Sudan )
- President Ahmad Weld Al Taye (Moritania)
- President Saddam Hussein ( Iraq )
- President Elias Al Hrawi ( Lebanon )
- President Ameen Al Jmayel ( Lebanon )
In 21 October 1992 in New York, awarded the Free Press Award by the Committee Defending of International Journalists for his firm position and defense of press and democracy in Kuwait.
1977 – 1989 : Board member of Kuwait Sporting Club.
1980 – 1991 : Board member of Kuwait Airways Corporation.
1989 – 1991 : Board member of Kuwait Journalist Society.
1994 – 2000 : Chairman of Kuwait Sporting Club.
1995 – 1998 : Vice Chairman of First National Bank of Lebanon .
|more events »|